I’m Shangmin Guo, currently a research assistant working with Prof. Paula Buttery at Institute for Automated Language Teaching and Assessment, University of Cambridge. My research interests include but not limited to: Evolutionary Linguistics, Grounded Language Learning, Natural Language Understanding and Disentangled Representation.
- [2019-12-15] Our work, Compositional languages emerge in a neural iterated learning model, has been accepted by ICLR-2020.
- [2019-11-29] Our work, The Emergence of Compositional Languages for Numeric Concepts Through Iterated Learning in Neural Agents, has been accepted by EvoLang-2020.
- [2019-11-18] Joined Prof. Paula Buttery’s team as a research assistant.
- [2019-11-14] I’ve left Dr. Matthias Hennig’s Neuroscience team, but I’m still working on some cool idea from SpikeInterface project.
- [2019-10-01] We got 2 papers accepted by 3rd NeurIPS Workshop on Emergent Communication, Enhance the Compositionality of Emergent Language by Iterated Learning and The Emergence of Compositional Languages forNumeric Concepts Through Iterated Learning inNeural Agents.
- [2019-08-16] My dissertation can get accessed here.